Can meal plans support a healthy lifestyle?
Do you eat healthy food but still your weight on the scale does not move down? Do you constantly feel exhausted and bloated? You are getting frustrated because you are not getting results even though you are doing all the right things.
The main reason behind this unhealthy lifestyle where you do not get results is your food.
There is a general misconception that healthy eating means eating boiled vegetables and fruits and avoiding fats and carbohydrates from your diet. On the contrary, healthy eating means eating a variety of foods to meet your daily nutrients requirements which include carbohydrates, fat, protein, water, vitamins, and minerals.
Every one of us wants to live a healthy lifestyle and meal plans can help you to do that.
How Meal Plans Support Healthy Lifestyle?
Gourmet Meal Plans provides you with healthy meals that provide all the nutrients in the optimal quantity and is one of the excellent ways to live a healthy lifestyle. Meal plans also provide various health benefits that allow you to live a healthy lifestyle.
Weight Loss – Gourmet meal plans can help you to lose weight which in turn reduces the risk of chronic diseases. Overweight and obese persons have a higher risk of developing conditions like heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc.
To lose weight, a person has to reduce their calorie intake while at the same time ensuring to take all the necessary nutrients. Cutting processed food from the diet is also enough to lose weight without even counting calories.
Meal Plans provide the foods which are low in calories but at the same time keeps you full such that you will not feel a need to eat anything unhealthy in between the meal which significantly helps to reduce weight.
- Better Mood – According to research, there is a relationship between diet and mood. The research has found that unhealthy meals which include glycemic cause symptoms of fatigue and depression.
High glycemic food includes refined carbohydrate, which is found in cakes, soft drinks, cookies, chips, deep-fried foods, white bread, etc. Our Meal Plans are prepared with fresh ingredients like vegetables, fruits, and whole grains which have a lower glycemic load and thus helps in lifting up your mood.
Although in the case of severe depression, professional medical help is needed.
- Reduce Cancer Risk – Unhealthy diet and obesity increase the risk of developing cancer. According to research conducted by the National Cancer Institute, there is consistent evidence that higher body fat increases the risk of various cancers which include- Liver Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, etc.
However, healthy meals that are rich in fruits and vegetables helps to protect against cancer. In various studies conducted all over the world, researchers have found that a diet rich in fruits and vegetables reduces the risk of Upper Gastrointestinal Tract Cancer. It has also been found that a diet rich in fibre, vegetables, and fruits lowers the risk of colorectal cancer and liver cancer.
- Healthy Bones and Teeth – Meal Plans provide you with essential minerals and nutrients like calcium and magnesium-rich food like- broccoli, cabbage, tofu, fish, seeds, whole grains, etc., which is necessary for keeping bones and teeth healthy. Keeping bones healthy and strong helps to prevent osteoporosis and arthritis in the later part of life.
- Heart Health – According to the figures published by Statista.com in 2019, as many as 2 million people suffer from at least one type of cardiovascular disease. Some of the most common cardiovascular diseases are hypertension and heart attacks.
The main reason for these diseases is processed and fast food. Processed food contains a large amount of salt and bad fat which deteriorates the heart’s health.
According to one research, heart attacks can be prevented by making lifestyle changes such as including exercise and eating healthy. Also, according to a study by the National Institute of Health, consumption of Vitamin E may prevent blood clots, which leads to heart attacks.
With meal plans, you get food, which is rich in Vitamin E, like almonds, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, green vegetables. In case if you are allergic to some of the food items, meals can be modified as per your preference such that you get a sufficient amount of all the vitamins to meet daily requirements.
- Better Sleep – Various problems like sleep apnea where the airways get blocked during sleep disrupts the sleep pattern. Obesity, an unhealthy diet, and consumption of alcohol are the primary reason behind this condition.
Switching to a healthy diet can significantly improve your sleep quality.
- Health of Future Generation – Children are the future of our world and it is our responsibility to ensure that they are living a healthy lifestyle. It has been shown in the study that children learn healthy behaviors from their parents and adults around them and they tend to eat fewer sugary foods when they have their healthy meals regularly with family members. So, if we are eating healthy, our children will follow the same.
However, meal plans alone are not enough to support a healthy lifestyle. The nutritious meal when combined with regular exercises, adhering to the diet and nutritional recommendations, reducing stress, and adopting other healthy behaviors helps your body to stay strong and healthy.
Take the first step towards the journey of a healthy lifestyle by opting for Gourmet Meal plans.
At Reubens Gourmet Meal Plans, meals are prepared under the supervision of certified nutritionists by our professional chefs. Our meals are prepared with healthy and fresh organic ingredients that lower the risk for future illnesses and help you to stay fit and live a healthy lifestyle. Get in touch with us to know more about our plans and services.