Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that is responsible for hormonal imbalances and other problems with metabolism. Around 1 out of every ten women suffers from this condition during the childbearing ages. Severe health conditions can arise due to PCOS, such as diabetes, depression, cardiovascular problems and many more. Several types of research show following a PCOS diet plan can help tackle this condition.
How can diet affect PCOS?
Diet plans help to do weight management, insulin production and resistance. Insulin plays a prominent role in determining PCOS condition. It is essential to maintain the level of insulin with a PCOS diet for the best results. Several results show that people suffering from PCOS condition are insulin resistant. Almost 50% of the total amount of people suffering from PCOS has resistance to producing insulin. This is because these patients also have diabetes and diabetes is direct to how the body processes insulin.
Diet has an immense role to play in improving the condition of people suffering from PCOS. A good PCOS meat plan will help you achieve all the nutritional needs, promote good insulin levels and maintain a healthy weight.
Foods to eat if suffering from PCOS condition:
Several research conducted shows can help improve the conditions of people suffering from PCOS disorders. There is no standard diet as such, but there are several food items that can be consumed to combat PCOS. It is essential to have a proper PCOS diet plan to lose weight. Mentioned below are three diets that may help to tackle PCOS conditions in women.
A diet with a low glycemic index:
The body can digest foods with low GI slowly, allowing insulin levels to stay normal compared to other food products. The food items that can help you achieve a low GI diet include seeds, starchy vegetables, grains, nuts, legumes and low carbohydrates.
You can also opt for anti-inflammatory foods to help combat PCOS conditions. There are several food items to choose from if you are planning to take an anti-inflammatory diet. Some of the food items are leafy greens, berries, virgin olive oil and fatty fish. These food items will help to reduce anti-inflammatory symptoms such as fatigue.
The Dash diet:
The word DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. This type of diet helps to reduce the risk of heart diseases. Several results also show that the DASH diet helps to reduce PCOS symptoms in individuals. A DASH diet is rich in fruit, vegetables, whole grains, fish, low-fat dairy produce and poultry. This diet restricts the consumption of food that has high saturated fat and sugar.
Several results show that women following the DASH diet for eight weeks have experienced a reduction in insulin resistance to a great level than individuals who followed the standard diet.
Apart from the above diet plan mentioned, several other food items can be consumed by individuals suffering from PCOS conditions for the best results. Mentioned below are some of the most popular PCOS diets.
- Fatty fish that includes salmon, sardines, tuna and mackerel
- Natural and unprocessed food items
- Leafy greens, spinach and kale
- Foods with high fibre content
- Lentils, legumes and dried beans
- Cauliflower and broccoli
- Spices namely turmeric and cinnamon
- Olive oil, coconuts and avocados
- Red grapes and dark red fruits
If you follow a healthful diet plan if you are suffering from a PCOS condition, you will come across several results. Some of the results are mentioned below.
Diets that consist of monounsaturated fats rather than saturated fats helped to reduce weight. One of the best examples of this kind of diet is the anti-inflammatory diet. Under this diet, it encourages people to consume plant-based fats that are olive oil and vegetable oils.
Under the low GI diet, people found out that their insulin metabolism improved significantly, and the cholesterol level went down, which is remarkable. After following the low GI diet, many people suffering from PCOS condition reported a better quality of life and more regular periods.
Losing weight while suffering from PCOS can help immensely. Irrespective of what diet you follow, you should always try to lose weight if suffering from PCOS condition for the best results. PCOS diet and exercise plan can be very beneficial if you follow it correctly. You can achieve several benefits such as loss in weight, a better quality of life, and low cholesterol levels, which are remarkable.
While tackling PCOS conditions, there are several instances when you might come across food items that may result in deteriorating your condition. Such food items should be avoided for the best results. To give you a better idea, we have some of these food items mentioned below. Mentioned below are some of the foods that you must avoid while combating PCOS condition.
- Avoid taking fast food and food items that are deep-fried for the best results.
- Mass-produced pastries are refined carbohydrates and should be avoided if you are suffering from a PCOS condition.
- Solid fat items such as shortening, margarine and lard are avoided for the best results during PCOS condition.
- Sugary beverages such as energy drinks and sodas should be avoided.
- While suffering from PCOS condition, it is advised to avoid red meat in excess. Some of the red meat that you can avoid is pork, hamburgers and steak for the best results.
- Processed meat can also be harmful to people suffering from PCOS. Some of the processed food items that you can avoid are sausages, hot dogs and luncheon meats.
If you are willing to make some life changes, it may help you tackle your PCOS condition. Lifestyle changes in people suffering from PCOS have shown significant positive results and are advised to do the best results. If you combine a PCOS diet with physical activities, then there are several benefits. You can lose weight, improve the insulin metabolism, have periods that are more regular and lower your cholesterol levels which is remarkable. There is also a reduction in male hormones and male pattern hair growth with diet and lifestyle changes in the proper manner.Reuben’s Gourmet Meal Plans offers a wide variety of meal plans for weight loss, weight gain or maintain and more. You just have to choose the meal plan that is most suitable for you and it will be delivered on your doorsteps anywhere in Ireland. Once delivered, you can enjoy your healthy, fresh and nutritious meal.
- Body Transformation Secrets With Diet Meal Plansby octopistimuli13 March 2021It is the goal of every person to stay in shape and healthy at all times. To accomplish this, we are always searching for body transformation strategies that will work for us and our imperfections. Body … Read more
- Best meal replacement Diet options for weight lossby octopistimuli6 March 2021When you are hungry and, in a rush, and don’t have time to cook up a healthy meal, what are you supposed to do? Dropping by a fast food joint is not the best answer to … Read more
- Improve Your Mental Health With Our Diet Food Plansby octopistimuli13 February 2021From a young age, we are made to believe that the food choices we make only enhance our appearance and physical wellbeing. But did you know that a nice and well-balanced diet can also boost mental … Read more